frogs

Any questions or comments you have about Natural Sequence Farming processes. These could include general questions or ones about your personal problems.

PLEASE NOTE :
We do not endorse any answers from anyone in this forum except Peter Andrews himself.

Please remember, Natural Sequence Farming has to be tailored for your specific problem and to follow general advice may create more problems for you.

Moderator: webmaster

greg

frogs

Post by greg » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:17 am

Gidday all
I figure that this system must be working as I have an increase in frogs in my puddles of water and on my office window.
As I understand is that the frog population has decreased everywhere, except here??
Something to think about anyway.

Greg Dunnicliff
Mudgee area

Ian James

Re: frogs

Post by Ian James » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:54 pm

Brilliant,
Frogs are very sensitive to environmental changes and health.

They are one of the first things to disapear when things aren't right and hopefully quick to return when things start to get better.

Well done !!!

far horizons

Post by far horizons » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi Greg
Nice to hear about the frogs, we have horses on our small 20 acre farm, we have owned it for 4 yrs, and to my knowledge the people before that owned it for 5 yrs and not a drop of super has gone onto the property. I have read Peter's books, viewed video's and have become a bit of a disciple, trying hard to implement his thinking, not sure wether i am doing it right or not. But one thing is for sure, we have very very healthy horses, our weed problems are getting less, and the overall health of the farm seems in good nick.(Nice to be able to go out and pick some fresh mushies)
Back to the frogs, frogs, frogs and more frogs, apart from being very noisy little buggers, its also a beautiful sound down around our dams and water ways and i have read various articles about healthy environments and the relationship with frogs.
I agree it is nice to have them hanging around :)
Robin Murray

greg

Post by greg » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Gidday Far Horizons
Sounds like you are doing well there, I have yet to get the mushrooms but hope they are not too far away. I think Peter has the right idea, so do the frogs.
How have you changed your weed / plant situation.
Have a good day

Greg Dunnicliff

far horizons

Post by far horizons » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:51 am

Hi again Greg,

Our weed problem consisted of small clumps of black berry, and quite a decent covering of bracken, i get out on my ride on mower and keep slashing/cutting generally around November when the bracken shoots its new frongs. Ive just finished the cape weed which was quite high and about to flower, last year we had a fair amount of cape weed on the tops of our hills, this year probably 1/4 as much.

Peter suggests slashing/cutting so a type of mulch is created and i do agree with him the particular weed wont grow in its own residue. I have one pretty steep hill, with now thinly spread bracken growing and i get out there with the whipper snipper and slowly knock it down, mind you i look like a complete dill and get a few laughs from the neighbours, but its really working for me. I am not sure wether its the correct time to slash but i do it anyway just to get a mulch happening.
Hope it helps it seems to work for us.

cheers Robin.
Robin Murray