Inviting Comments

If you have any questions about the new 'Beyond the Brink' book or it's contents, please make them here so others can respond or take part in any debate.

Moderator: webmaster

duane

Inviting Comments

Post by duane » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:01 pm

We would love to hear some comments, feedback from people, who have read Peter's new book, Beyond the Brink.

We welcome your comments, regardless of whether they be +ve or -ve.

They will promote dialogue and further engagement......

Paul Harris

Error page 47

Post by Paul Harris » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:44 pm

"Where spruce trees once grew to 15,000 metres..." (page 47).
Wikipedia gives Mt Everest as 8848 metres in height (29029 ft). So the 15,000 metres in the book is obviously an error. The "spruce" Peter refers to is possibly the Engelmann Spruce (Picea engelmanni) which Wikipedia gives as growing from 900m to 3650m in Nth America.
I bought both of Peter's books at his recent talk in Watson Canberra, and have booked for the event at "Mulloon Creek" NSW on 9/11/08. I point out the above error in a spirit of encouragement. I have read 'Back from the Brink' and am halfway through 'Beyond the Brink'. Peter has important messages and deserves the greatest support. I worked on the land for some years and later took high school agriculture students on local area trips to study land degradation (we didn't have to travel far!!). Top marks to Peter's supporters in the business, farming and scientific communities.
Bromfield

duane

Post by duane » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:26 pm

Thanks for pointing this out Paul. It may well be that metres were intended to be feet??? i.e., 15,000 feet not 15,000m

I certainly, hope you get the opportunity to question Peter about it on sunday.....