Lucky No 500.

Where daily bits of info can be added and discussed.

Moderator: webmaster

duane

Lucky No 500.

Post by duane » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:08 am

A slow but significant growth in registrations see no. 500 coming up.

Thanks to everyone helping to grow the site and spread the word on NSF.

Shirley Henderson

Post by Shirley Henderson » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:22 am

:idea: How about we ask each member of the forum to try to get at least 10 people to join up with NSF. (a small ask) Even if the new members do not participate in the forum they may wish to watch, read and learn, dispute, debate or just share a common interest. The member ship could go from 500 to 5000. NSF needs to be a force to be reckoned with. If we can generate that membership NSF may not seem so puny. The more voters on board the better.

Come on all members, even if you do not participate on the forum yourself, if you like what Peter is doing you could be of great assistance if you could get 10 of your friends, relatives, family or aquaintances to join up.

Shirley :D :wink:

jeandb

Post by jeandb » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:26 am

You are 500 , good!
I am still alone but God knows why.....
Jean-Marc Hauth
0033 4 77 317340
Chairman of NGO "Les biefs du Pilat"
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/biefs.dupilat/

Shaunlee

membership

Post by Shaunlee » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:22 am

OK Shirley I will give it a try. I rarely ask my friends and family to get interested in the things that interest me but for such an important matter I will give them all a nudge.

Shirley Henderson

Post by Shirley Henderson » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Good for you, I am trying too. It's a worthy cause.
Shirl

ColinJEly

Post by ColinJEly » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Jean Marc
You are not alone
You are 'mon ami'! ;-)

jcarpo

Post by jcarpo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:25 pm

good one all i will try :P

Shirley Henderson

Post by Shirley Henderson » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:47 pm

:shock: :D :D :D :D :D :o :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

alan

Post by alan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi Shirley,

I believe in NSF but am now unwilling to help PA as these sites are not run to promote NSF as a cause but as an advertisement to drum up business for professional services provided only by PA.

I do not have an issue with PA trying to make money, but I do have issues with secrecy and obfuscation.

If PA was more businesslike and open, ran with a professional management team and promoted NSF properly, I would be happy to help, but it is run much more like a game, where you have to hunt to find the clues across many different sources of information. Not in my opinion a fun way to find such valuable information and not one to which I would wish to subject others.

duane

Post by duane » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:02 am

Everyone,

Just wanting to make a comment here on what Alan has said:
I believe in NSF but am now unwilling to help PA as these sites are not run to promote NSF as a cause but as an advertisement to drum up business for professional services provided only by PA.
Part of my role is to organise Peter's calendar, the real truth of the matter is that Peter has a partner and 2 little children. He hates to travel and be on the road. But I keep him there because it is his only source of income.

He would gladly stay at home so I can absolutely swear on my heart that PA in no way sees this site or any other official website as a meal ticket.

Quote:
I do have issues with secrecy and obfuscation.
So too do I! The best and worst examples of this lie in the Federal and State Bureaucracies not in the NSF websites.

I conveyed both messages to PA......watch this space.

alan

Post by alan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi Duane,

Fantastic! I am more than happy to be proven wrong. When can we expect the first videos showing how to read the land and build contours correctly?