Constructing contour channeling

If you have any questions about anything to do with the book, this is the place.

That could be any of the subject matter you would like clarified or suggestions to include for a follow up book.

Book Sales and Delivery information should be directed to the place of purchase NOt here.

Moderator: webmaster

Shirley Henderson

Re: Constructing contour channeling

Post by Shirley Henderson » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:29 pm

yes, the mind boggles ........ it just does not make sense. Who made THOSE rules! :?
I realise that PA's method is not swales but contour channels. Still I thought the same rules could apply to swales in regards to using the soil in the same way and planting.

duane

Re: Constructing contour channeling

Post by duane » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:30 pm

by RobynT » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:19 am

Where can I find some information on the construction of the contour channeling mentioned in Peter's books?
After almost 4 years Robyn here is the practical answer to your question :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The proof is in the following pictures !!! :D :D :D

Here is the contour/wetlands that the inaugural NSF course cohort surveyed and built in their 2-day workshop back in the end of May. A month later after a major rain event and voila !!!

Come and learn at Tarwyn Park !! Rehydrate and build fertility on your farm the way the old Australian landscape used to do it.

Contact me at duane@nsfarming.com for details of the next NSF workshops coming up in July 2012.

Learn HOW to build your farming system....NOT mine it and degrade it.....but build and aggrade it !! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Image[/img]