We organised an Event and many came.

Hello,

As you would understand Peter is extremely busy running around the country and still keeping watch over his projects however at times his schedule allows some time to address groups who are interested in meeting and hearing him talk about Natural Sequence Farming.

If you would like that, please let us know here and we will see what can be arranged.

Moderator: webmaster

Ian James

We organised an Event and many came.

Post by Ian James » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:17 pm

We in the Avon, there were four of us, got together one day, chose a name for ourselves and started organising a day for people to come along and see and hear for themselves about NSF.

Peter came on his own cost for which we were very very grateful.

A lot of people came and listened to Peter speak.

He made a little flood and he constructed banks on the contour and showed us how we should manage the rainfall run off.

Some farmers and many scientists showed up for the day.

At first the scientists were sceptical, but Peter played and joked and teased them and he continually asked for more questions until they begun to understand what he was saying.

Eventually they began to listen more and get up and go to Peter to take him on.

It was fun, everyone was laughing. It was exciting too, people began to feel hope. At the end of the day, no one really wanted to go. I told them it was finished, but they wanted to stay and talk more.

Of course they were welcome to do so.

As they finally left, everyone was still talking about what they had learnt, and of the new ideas flooding their minds.

I too found a whole new understanding, much greater and clearer than the day before.

Get your friends together and organise a talk with Peter, you will be so glad you did!

Angela Helleren

Post by Angela Helleren » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:43 am

Well done Ian!
You must have had quite a time getting ready after the stormy weather. Pleased to hear things went so well . Did someone manage to take pictures of your work?

All the best Ang
Many hands make light work.
Unfortunately, too many hands stirring anti clockwise, has spoiled mother natures recipe.
Back to basics.

Ian James

Post by Ian James » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:32 am

Yes they did Angela,

Photos and some film which I will post as soon as it hits my desk.

A very pleasing outcome.

Now I am organising an official excursion for all members and interested friends to see a nearby farm where the owner is implementing his "No Kill" farming technique as promoted by Peter.

Our organisation now has a large group of followers and contacts to work with. :D

duane

Post by duane » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:17 pm

Ian

I have contacted Garry about the ACNSA Chapter going to see his place.

As soon as I have spoken with him I will report back to you.

Ian James

Post by Ian James » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:39 pm

Thanks Duane, that would be excellent!

I am really keen to see Gary's farm and hear him explain his strategies.

wongankatta

Post by wongankatta » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I've finally moved to Wongan Hills but have been waiting nearly 2 months for wireless internet to be connected so I didnt find out about the Avon field day until too late :cry: Glad to hear it went well though and I hope to be on board for any future events.
"The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops,but the cultivation and perfection of human beings." Masanobu Fukuoka

duane

Post by duane » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:15 pm

Wonga....there's sure to be more opportunities...especially now your back online.

Ian...good news from Garry I think...I have to call him to discuss. Will do this tomorrow as I have been away all week.