End of the drought???

If you have had good or negative results from other theories, you might let others know here.

The forum, its administration and Peter Andrews do not endorse any posts nor have any public statements to make about any theory other than NSF.

Individual poster's are responsible for all their own posts. This forum has no comment to make on them, however in the public interest we will allow them to be viewed.

Moderator: webmaster

duane

Re: End of the drought???

Post by duane » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:11 pm

Peter's prophetic prediction appears to becoming more and more of a reality.

Look at Victoria!! Ravaged by bushfire and drought.....now nearly the whole state is under water...with more rain to come.

Watch the weather patterns closely....they tell an amazing story....at the risk of being repetitive here is what I wrote earlier.

Back in June 2007 I posted above "End of the drought"

Are we witnessing the end of the worst drought in living memory?

Two weeks ago we saw the first of (three) a deep low pressure system off the NSW coast. That system brought wide spread rain and flooding and a week later it was followed by another low which brought more rain. Sydney has recorded 374mm for the month up to 18 June, the wettest June in 44yrs, and another even deeper low system is building off the NSW coast again today.....the 19th June.

And at the same time an upper trough of moist air is being carried from northern Western Australia across to the tropical areas of eastern Queensland. This trough over the northwest is generating unseasonable rain over the northern tropics.

According to Peter Andrews this could be a signal of the end of the current drought across much of Australia.

We have seen over the ensuing time since I posted that email that more rainfall has been spreading far and wide and that the areas of Queensland and WA are getting more and more rain.

As the landscape gets COOLER with all this rain, it saturates the ground and the landscape. And as we have stated elsewhere in this forum, rain tends to continue to fall on cool landscapes.

Cyclone Ellie has dumped a huge volume of rain in the north and WA is receiving similar amounts.

This is very similar to what happened in the 50's...a slow build up, over a number of years, of rainfall and rehydration. Finally, as the landscape filled with moisture and the soils were at their full capacity to take on any more water, the environment was suffiently cooler, that the next big rain event that came did not/could not infiltrate. Instead, it flooded across the landscape bringing total devastation.

We have cleared our landscape of the only protection it once had against the effects of a major flood and wet cycle...we have removed all of the vegetation. River banks denuded of vegetation by stock and willow removal will be savaged. Crop land fallow and empty of plants will be washed away. Salt will boil out of the ground making rivers, streams and town drinking supplies unusable.

THE IMPACT WILL BE DEVASTATING!!!!if it is indeed the same process as occured in the 50's.

In fact, it has the potential to be even worse!!

Julian

Post by Julian » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:19 pm

As I wasnt around in 1950, I am curious to know of what happened.
This is a link to the most info I can find:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950_Austr ... ll_records

Interested to know of any other links to info on this time.

duane

Post by duane » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:11 pm

As I wasnt around in 1950
Julian.....it was not just the one year, the 50's was a wet period and the Maitland Flood showed the impacts of a 1:50 year event. I also heard the other night that the current floods in Victoria were defined as a 1:50 yr event. It would seem the present trend is delivering just such another major event.

In February 1955, Maitland and the Hunter Valley experienced its most severe flood in recorded history. The 1955 Hunter Valley floods, also commonly known as "The Maitland Flood", was the first Australian natural disaster to be broadcast by the media on an international scale. This flood is considered to be one of Australia’s worst floods. The waters reached 12.5 m (41 ft) and caused catastrophic damage. The volume of flood water was approximately 3,750,000 megalitres (824,884.7 million imperial gallons), or enough to fill approximately 1.5 million Olympic-size swimming pools and the cost of damage, in today’s currency, would have been over AUD $2 billion. Seven thousand buildings and homes were damaged and the flood claimed the lives of 14 people.

Shirley Henderson

Post by Shirley Henderson » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:01 pm

HI Duane, I would love to hear how things are going at Tarwyn Park and Mulloon?
Shirley

greg

Post by greg » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:57 pm

I am with Shirley, i would like to know how this year has changed or effected the properties.
On my place the run off creek hasn't stopped running and my plant growth has increased quiet a lot with a large increase in frogs.
Greg Dunnicliff

duane

Post by duane » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:29 pm

How prophetic was this prediction...Qld awash....NSW and Vic underwater....even parts of WA @ Carnarvan.

The 50 year flood cycle will continue to wreck havoc as we watch homes, infrastructure, farms and crops and landscapes wash away.

It need not be so.....if only we understood better how to manage the plentiful times.

ColinJEly

Post by ColinJEly » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Hello Duane

Notwithstanding what Peter has written in his books, eventually the rain has to make its way into our rivers and creeks. What about more dams and reservoirs to trap and hold some of this rain in the good times, so that it can be released to our farmers in the drier times? Once the levels go down and the mud has been cleaned out of the houses, I am sure that many on here, particularly those like me who are only 'armchair farmers' would be interested to know what affect it has had on our members farms?

duane

Post by duane » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:09 am

Col

see my latest post under Information for the day posted 17 Jan 2011. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=840&p=3567#p3567