Permaculture discussion Forum

If you have had good or negative results from other theories, you might let others know here.

The forum, its administration and Peter Andrews do not endorse any posts nor have any public statements to make about any theory other than NSF.

Individual poster's are responsible for all their own posts. This forum has no comment to make on them, however in the public interest we will allow them to be viewed.

Moderator: webmaster

duane

Permaculture discussion Forum

Post by duane » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:41 pm

Today I came across the Permaculture discussion forum and put up a posting to tell the Permaculture people of the NSF Forum. I also said that if the link can stay I would do a titfortat.

Here is the link to the permaculture forum:
http://forums.permaculture.org.au/index.php

Justin Sharman-Selvidge

When cultures collide

Post by Justin Sharman-Selvidge » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:29 am

NSF and Permaculture are sister movements no doubt about it.Both have a great deal to offer each other.With respect for each other and our shared goals repair and sustainability it creates a synergy greater than the individual elements.I have seen some poor behaviour on the permaculture boards about NSF,it's a shame.Myself I am pleased to learn new things to see different approaches and congratulate those that do the hard yards.It seems now that being green is the new black so hopefully that road gets a little easier.Mollison,Lawton,Morrow and countless others took up the burden many moons ago as did the good Mr Andrews best that we all just wish each other best of luck and not fall into the old traps that just divide and conquer us.
Thanks for the insights :D
"he who desires but acts not breeds pestilence".

duane

Post by duane » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Justin

Thank you for that great post.

Peter Andrews holds the view that there is much to learn and much to share and by doing this is an effective, constructive and collaborative way we can enrich the knowledge of how we should live sustainably together on this planet.

I was at APC9 in Turramurra when Bill M and Peter A shared the stage with Geoff Lawton and others.

After the QandA session I said to Peter " you and Bill agree on about 85%"....the 15% difference is what defines NSF and Permaculture.

They are systems in parallel. We should be embracing both into a more wholistic view of landscape management and understanding.

Penny

Keyline

Post by Penny » Wed May 12, 2010 2:40 pm

PA Yoemans "Water for Every Farm" is also a good read. it seems to me that the more information we have the more we talk and compare the results the better off we will all be
We do not own the earth-we are it's guardians for future generations.