BRACKEN FERN! ANY ADVICE PLEASE.

If you have had good or negative results from other theories, you might let others know here.

The forum, its administration and Peter Andrews do not endorse any posts nor have any public statements to make about any theory other than NSF.

Individual poster's are responsible for all their own posts. This forum has no comment to make on them, however in the public interest we will allow them to be viewed.

Moderator: webmaster

marni

BRACKEN FERN! ANY ADVICE PLEASE.

Post by marni » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi there everyone, My first time on the site, so sorry if this is not in the correct section. Just wondering if anyone has had much to do with the weed Bracken Fern! It is running rampered on the back half of our property ( about 40 acres). Slashing it only makes it come back with revenge,and have lost 2 cows due to its tixicity. Poisoning it seems the only way to get rid of it. But know after reading Peters two books, i am reluctant to use the chemical method. Is there anyway to get an email to Peter direct and ask him, as most farmers in our area are dealing with the same problems.

duane

Post by duane » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Welcome marni to the nsf forum!
There is a blog on bracken already with a post from Peter. Click on http://www.naturalsequencefarming.com/f ... .php?t=480

maurice

bracken fern

Post by maurice » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:49 pm

hi Mami,
braken is a weed which thrives on phospate deficient soils and will if given time will rehabilitae the soil. For detailed discussion Yahoo Search "bracken fern phospate deficiency"
A quick solution is to apply rock phospate { super phospate may give other problems )
Maurice

mparish

Post by mparish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi marni
The problem you have is that you are focusing on the problem, and in life the more we focus on something the more we get of it. My advice would be to focus on what you want. If you have grazing animals I would focus on improving your perennial grasses if you have some and look after them. The weed is there because of management and the decision that were made in the past. You need to create competition for the weed and not create a state that it likes. Don't spray or slash it, just ignore it. I have eradicated several heavy weed infestations of weeds over thousands of acres and sometimes within 12 month, with just grazing and rest.
Remember focus on what you want!!