Palms

If you have had good or negative results from other theories, you might let others know here.

The forum, its administration and Peter Andrews do not endorse any posts nor have any public statements to make about any theory other than NSF.

Individual poster's are responsible for all their own posts. This forum has no comment to make on them, however in the public interest we will allow them to be viewed.

Moderator: webmaster

Koreman

Palms

Post by Koreman » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:17 pm

The dominant riparian palm in my area is the piccabeen palm (Archontophoenix cunninghamiana). Over the last 12 years or so I have planted about 150 of them. Under a mature palm can often be seen scores of seedlings often almost on top of one another. I was given a couple of such clumps and planted them on my land. They have done remarkably well. I suspect that the root system of each individual plant in the clump has some direct or at least symbiotic relationship with its siblings which (if true) would give the group the advantages of a larger palm; better coverage both under and above the ground. If someone knows better please shine some light my way.