Victoria to launch first NSA Chapter

Where daily bits of info can be added and discussed.

Moderator: webmaster

duane

Victoria to launch first NSA Chapter

Post by duane » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:22 pm

We are pleased to advise that we have confirmed the following meeting time and place for the first Victorian Natural Sequence Association meeting: Details are-

Date: Sunday 8th November 2009

Time: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm

Venue: Whittlesea Community Activity Centre

56-61 Laurel Street

Whittlesea Vic 3757

All Victorians are invited to attend!!

duane

Post by duane » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Update

Sundays meeting solicited a POOR response....only 8 people fronted and NO local NSA Chapter was progressed.

This was a great disappointment, following all the hype and expectation that followed the most recent screening of Australian Story and the flood of interest that came from Victoria.

Instead, what eventuated was another 'facebook' type website.....NSF is already represented in several of these....achieving no substantive outcomes.

The Natural Sequence Association ( The Peter Andrews System) Inc now has a presence in 3 states- NSW, Qld and WA with a total of 6 Chapters and more about to come on line in SA and the NT and Qld.

Victoria is failing badly.

Any of you Victorians out there willing to walk the walk, if so, please let us know and WE WILL DO EVERYTHING TO ASSIST IN GETTING YOUR STATE OUT OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL MESS its currently in.

UNITED we will be strong, DIVIDED we will fall.

NSF needs to be progressed under a banner of openness, honesty and integrity to have any hope.

Just post your details here.......

joey-klein

Post by joey-klein » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:55 pm

I am interested in establishing a network, but could find no response to my calls regarding the meeting, thus I didn't bother with the long drive in heat, just in case it wasn't happening.

I too am surprised in the slow response to bookings for an upcoming lecture in Geelong (17th Nov). We have over 50 confirmed and mostly paid for, however, I was anticpating double that. It could relate to advertising issues, so a public notice ad goes out tomorrow in Geelong's paper. Responses from local newspapers has otherwise been non existent.

My local Landcare group has been apalling in its response, yet the coastal groups have advertised it on their websites, and most bookings have come from them. Perhaps this is because my local group includes the most stressed river in Victoria - the Moorabool, and has seen VERY strong willow eradication programs over the past few years (and one of the local leaders was seen last week hunting weeds, spray pack in tow!). For me, this is MORE of a reason to look for alternatives!!!

I will continue pushing for change, and possibly go broke trying. Sound familiar????
Connecting people to the earth, their food and each other through education and demonstration

duane

Post by duane » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:02 pm

Hey Col

where are you and the rest of the crew when we need you the most....c'mon good people of Victoria....stand up and be counted!!!! Start a Local NSA Chapter ....its easy AND support Jo Kleins event next week in Geelong.

ColinJEly

Post by ColinJEly » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Sorry Duane
That weekend I was busy electioneering for the Climate Sceptics Party for the Higgins Bielection. :-(
ps Isn't 8 enough for a quorum and I 'farm' on a quarter of an acre ;-)