Visit Peter's projects

At times we are able to fit into Peter's busy schedule, the chance for groups to visit his projects to see them first hand.

In most cases Peter would be your guide.

Please leave your requests here including the number in your party. The more in the party the better chance of a visit being arranged.

Support Staff

Moderator: webmaster

J D L

Visit Peter's projects

Post by J D L » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:42 am

YES. Do you have a list & locations, would be interested, maybe visit with small group (2) to (5/6) people :D J D L

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:46 pm

Hello,

Peter is away in Qld at the moment but we will check and see if a date can be arranged in between his extremely busy schedule.

This may take some time but when we have news, we will make an announcement here on the forum.

If others are interested, please also post here so we can get an idea of numbers.

Thanks..

Support Staff
8)
The Forum for Peter Andrew's Natural Sequence Farming

mondo45

Post by mondo45 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:24 pm

I would very much like to come and visit one of Peter's projects. All I need to know is which day and time, and I will drive up from Sydney, providing I don't have other commitments on that day.

duane

Would you like to visit one of Peter's sites?

Post by duane » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:37 pm

People interested in seeing first hand a demonstration of Peter Andrews Natural Sequence Farming can go to
Natural Sequence Farming Demonstration
Field Day
Mulloon Creek
Mulloon Creek is a 5700 acre certified 'A' Grade Biodynamic Farm.
Owned and operated by Tony Coote, the farm has received an Australian Government National Landcare Program grant to help set it up as a demonstration site to test the principles of Mr Peter Andrews's Natural Sequence Farming.

The once highly eroded creek has recently undergone a rapid transformation with on ground works occurring in and around the creek. The creek has been transformed by a series of 'leaky weirs', side channels and copious revegetation along a 3.5 km stretch with the aim of reconnecting the stream to the floodplain. The results have been impressive. Tony Coote hopes this demonstration site will show how the natural connectivity that once existed between
the creek and its floodplain can be re-established allowing hydration in the way nature used to
do it.

If you want to see first hand a work in progress of Peter Andrews's NSF principles you are invited to attend this field day.

Peter will be there to answer questions and guests will be welcomed by the owner, Tony Coote.

There will also be a major announcement made on the day of the Natural Sequence Association National Body, a new legal entity set up to protect Peter Andrews IP and to spread the message of NSF at a grass roots level.

We hope to see you there.

Duane Norris
NSF Assistant

Natural Sequence Farming Demonstration - Field Day

Where: Mulloon Creek Natural Farms
Off Kings Highway (at the top of the Great Divide)

When: Saturday 5th May 2007 9.30am – 2.30pm

Directions: Approx 10km east of Bungendore to the farm
gate on the RHS. If coming from Braidwood it is 35km to the farm gate
on the LHS. Then 5km along a narrow and winding dirt road from farm gate to meeting place.

Please aim to be at the meeting place by 9am.

The field day includes a relatively easy 2.5km walk along Mulloon Creek. Transport will be available for less mobile people.

Bookings:
Numbers are limited. Please RSVP to Southern Rivers CMA Braidwood office on (02) 4842 2594 by the 2nd May 2007.
$10 donation, lunch and refreshments are provided.

Peter

Would you like to visit one of Peter's sites?

Post by Peter » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:02 am

Yes , I would very much like to view the work that has been done as I feel the principles of NSF greatly suit me and the topography of my property.
My property is in the South West Slopes/Tablelands area near Adelong NSW and has two extensive gullies running through it which are up to 10 metres deep in places. The intensive grazing practices over the years have also deteriorated the pastures, so a great deal of work will need to be done.
Hopefully it is not too late for me to turn it all around, over time, however I will need to start NOW!

Ruth Pledger

Post by Ruth Pledger » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:31 am

Is Peter in Qld at any time this year? Even better is he in SE Qld at any time.?

duane

Post by duane » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:38 am

There is a new link on the nsfarming home page called Peter's Calendar.
Click on the link and the current calendar month appears. The blue boxes indicate that Peter will be somewhere on that day. Pass the cursor over the blue box and a window appears giving details.

The calendar is updated daily so visit it regularly to see if Peter is going to be in your nearby vicinity.

duane

NSF at Mulloon Creek Natural Farms

Post by duane » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:23 am

Today I am at Tony Coote's property near Bungendore NSW.
There's a howling , cold lazy wind blowing outside and I am warm and safe inside.

Peter Andrews is out in the weather repairing some on the bed control structures (leaky weirs) that have been installed in Mulloon Creek over the last twelve months.

The project here has been a participatory one between the landowner , SRCMA and Landcare with consultation with all the regulators and upstrem and downstream neighbours.

Mulloon Creek (prior to this nsf trial) was one of the most degraded creeks in the Shoalhaven.

When I first saw it it looked like a moonscape;deeply incised, no water, barren of life, wombat infested banks, eroded banks and cut off completely from any connectivity with the adjoining floodplain.

In fact it was no more than a huge drain taking water, fertility and sediment straight out to the SEA.

Now just 12 months later the contrast could not be greater and it has happened so quickly. Yes there have been problems with the structures...they have'nt had sufficient time for plants to grow and secure them but that is a whole issue I will deal with later.

I am going to walk the 3.5km of creek with my camera and capture today's moment...the creek looks MAGNIFICENT.....and if I had'nt had witnessed the tranformation with my own eyes I very much doubt I would have believed it.

I will post the photos next week when I get home.

I promise you it will be worth the wait.